Personal information collected by the Australian Kendo Renmei Inc. (AKR) and Affiliated Associations, is primarily for the purpose of recording membership and grade registration. That information is necessary for managing the affairs of the AKR and pursuing the objects of the AKR.
COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION
The AKR collects members’ information either directly or indirectly from Affiliated Associations for the purpose of identification, recording membership, registering grades and establishing eligibility for examination.
Members’ information will only be used by AKR and Affiliated Associations for the above purposes.
The AKR and Affiliated Associations collects the following details of members:
- Date of birth.
- Kendo, Iaido and Jodo grades.
- Name of the members Affiliated Association.
- Name of the members club or dojo.
- Contact details.
SECURITY OF INFORMATION
The AKR and Affiliated Associations endeavour to protect any members’ information that they hold from:
- Unauthorised use.
DISCLOSURE OF MEMBERS INFORMATION
Members Information collected by the AKR and Affiliated Associations will not:
- Be released for any form of commercial gain.
- Be disclosed to any person or organisation, for any purpose that is unrelated to AKR Kendo, Iaido and Jodo activities, except with prior consent.
Members Information collected by the AKR and Affiliated Associations will be shared with and accessed by:
- Officers of the State Affiliate that registered a member.
- Officers of other AKR State Affiliates.
- Officers of the AKR.
- Members of the AKR Kendo, Iaido and Jodo Boards.
- The auditors of AKR finance reports.
- Government Departments, if required to by Regulation or Legislation
ACCESS TO MEMBERS’ INFORMATION
A member can gain access to their personal information held by the AKR and Affiliated Associations by applying in writing, through the Affiliated Association that registered their details with the AKR, to the AKR Secretary.