The 24th Australian Iaido and 15th Australian Jodo Championships, Seminar and Exams was held at the David Cocking Sport and Recreation Centre on the campus at The Australian National University, Canberra, ACT.
The events were –
SEMINARS for Iaido and Jodo
Monday 19 to Saturday 24 January 2015, from 8.30am – 4pm.
DAN EXAMS for Iaido and Jodo
Sunday 25 January 2015, 8.30am – 12.30pm. Online applications only are now open.
The Australian Capital Territory Kendo Renmei (ACTKR) are proud to host
- the 24th Australian Iaido Championships, and
- the 15th Australian Jodo Championships
The following schedule is subject to change and updates will be posted here as available.
|Mon 19 Jan||Iaido||Jodo|
|Tues 20 Jan||Jodo||Iaido|
|Wed 21 Jan||Iaido||Jodo|
|Thu 22 Jan||Jodo||Iaido||Meeting of Boards|
|Fri 23 Jan||Iaido||Iaido & Jodo Board AGM||Jodo|
|Sat 24 Jan||Iaido & Jodo Championships||Official Dinner|
The visiting Japanese delegation will be led by:
ODA Katsuo Iaido 8th Dan Hanshi, Kendo 7th Dan Kyoshi, Shizuoka Prefecture, Iaido Technical Advisor to AKR
NAGAYAMA Kuniaki, Iaido 7th Dan Kyoshi, Jodo 7th Dan Kyoshi, Kendo 7th Dan Kyoshi , Sendai Prefecture, Jodo Technical Advisor to AKR.
FEES & REGISTRATION
Registration is open to members of the Australian Kendo Renmei and International affiliates of the All Japan Kendo Federation.
|Day attendance (M-F)||$120 per day|
|Official Dinner (Sat)||$45|
- Registration opens Saturday 1 November 2014.
- A late registration fee of $50 will be required for all registrations received after Friday 19 December 2014.
- Registration closes Monday 12 January 2015.
- An extra tickets must be purchased for any additional guests attending the Official Dinner.
- Any participant holding the below grade(s) will receive a discount (but will still require payment for Official Dinner):
- 7th Dan in either Iaido or Jodo will not be required to pay for the Seminar or Championships.
- 6th Dan in either Iaido or Jodo will receive a 50% discount off the relevant portion of the fee IF attending the full event.
- 5th Dan in either Iaido or Jodo will receive a 25% discount off the relevant portion of the fee IF attending the full event.
How to Register:
- Download Registration form (available from 1 November).
- Complete the form – it will auto calculate cost and any discounts.
- Transfer payment to your State Renmei as per the auto calculation.
- Update the form with the bank transfer details.
- Email the completed form to:
- your State Renmei Secretary
- your State point of contact as indicated on the form
An AKR Dan Grading Exam will be held on Sun 25 January. Applications online close at 5pm 25 December 2014.
We hope to be able to accommodate candidate attempting up to Sandan in Jodo and up to Godan in Iaido. Godan candidates who indicate an intent to grade on their application for will be advised (by email from an Iaido Board representative) if this is no longer available.
It is planned that the AKR Iaido and Jodo Boards will conduct the Dan Grading Exams in the morning.
Dan grade candidates please note that this may be changed so return travel to your home state should allow for such changes.
The ACTKR will conduct the Kyu Grade Exams after midday.
Those attempting grading(s) are strongly encouraged to attend the seminar.
Please note that the Grading Registration and payment is separate to the Seminar & Championships.
Closing date for registering grading application and fees:
- AKR Dan Grade Exams: 5pm Thursday 25 December 2014. Dan candidates ONLY apply online.
Kyu Grade Exams: 5pm Mon 19 Jan 2015.
Kyu grading registration will be in person on day one of the seminar. DO NOT send payment electronically unless first discussing with ACTKR organiser. If you will not be present on day one of the seminar, please discuss with ACTKR organiser. ACTKR organiser can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
Where can you stay in Canberra?
1 Balmain Crescent, Acton, ACT 2601
Ph: 02 6125 5275/5276
74 Northbourne Avenue , Canberra, ACT 2601
Ph: 02 6240 1234
84 Northbourne Avenue, Canberra, ACT 2612
Ph: 13 15 17
144/33 Currong St., Reid, ACT 2612
Ph: 02 6275 0800
522 Northbourne Avenue, Downer ACT
Ph: 02 6257 2599
534 Northbourne Avenue, Downer ACT
Ph: 02 6249 8038
524 Northbourne Avenue, Downer ACT
Ph: 02 6257 7285
Parkview Bed & Breakfast
526 Northbourne Avenue Downer ACT
Ph: 02 6248 0655
All four are on Northbourne Street approx. 2kms to the ANU (there is an ACTION bus stop right in front) and about 500m from Dickson which has Woolworths and a large number of dining options.