The AUSTRALIAN KENDO RENMEI INC., (AKR) is the internationally recognised, governing body for Kendo, Seitei Iaido and Seitei Jodo in Australia.
The AKR and our member Clubs and Associations are affiliated with the International Kendo Federation (FIK). The FIK is the world-wide federation of national Kendo, Seitei Iaido and Seitei Jodo organisations. The FIK is affiliated with SportAccord (formerly GAISF) and is recognised as the international governing federation for kendo, iaido and jodo.
Members of the AKR compete nationally and internationally and are eligible to attend international Kendo, Iaido and Jodo seminars and grading exams. The Kendo, Iaido and Jodo grading qualifications of AKR members are recognised internationally.
For information on affiliated Australian Kendo Dojos, Iaido Dojos and Jodo Dojos, or if you want to learn Kendo, Iaido or Jodo, please contact your nearest Club or State Association. A full list is available on our directory page.
AUSTRALIAN KENDO RENMEI Incorporated
ABN 66 064 550 279
Post: PO Box 353 NORTH CARLTON VIC 3054
2012-2015 National Executive Committee:
- President: Mr Richard Ward (VKR).
- Vice-President: Mr. Joachim Semmler (ACTKR).
- Secretary: Ms. Vivian Yung (NSWKA).
- Treasurer: Mr. Malcolm Martin (NSWKA).
2012-2015 National Technical Positions:
- Kendo Board Chairman: Dr. Brian Brestovac (WAKR).
- Iaido Board Chairman: Dr. AhLoi Lee (WAKR).
- National Director of Iaido Coaching: Mr. Ramon Lawrence, Renshi Iaido 6 Dan (WAKR).
- Jodo Board Chairman: Mr. Russell Lawrence (WAKR).
Australian Kendo Team Coach for the 16th World Kendo Championships.
Team Coach; Arpad Maksay (VKR).
Assistant Coach; Kate Sylvester (VKR).
Team Manager; Bonnie Lai (NSWKA).
To contact us by e-mail, please use the secure form below to send a message to the Secretary.