The All Japan Kendo Federation has announced that the 38th Summer Seminar for foreign Kendo practitioners will be hosted by the All Japan Kendo Federation in July 2012.
The purpose of these seminars is to foster Kendo leaders in each country. The curriculum of the seminar shall help the participants promote proper Kendo in his/her country and give better instructions to his/her students after they get back to their own country.
1. Term: July 27 (FRI) – August 3 (FRI), 2012
2. Place: Gedatsukai Kenshu Center
(Kitamoto City, Saitama Pref., Approximately 1 hour from Tokyo by train)
3. Qualifications of Participants:
1) Officially registered members of the AKR and who are recommended by the President of the AKR
2) Those who are instructors or potential instructors
3) Those with Kendo 3 Dan up to 6 Dan in principle
4) Those who understand Japanese or English to some extent (because the language used at the seminar is Japanese and it is interpreted into English only.)
Japanese nationals who have belonged (or will belong) to your organization for a short period (a few years) or who will return to Japan in near future, and those who currently live in Japan with member registration of
your organization are not eligible.
Expected Number of Participants: Approximately 50 in total.
Up to $550 per participant may be allocated by the AKR to the successful applicant(s) as travel subsidies.
AJKF provide food, accomodation and a further subsidy to assist with local travel costs.
Details and applications are available from State Secretaries or your dojo.